Want to fly in Business or First Class at a price that you are willing to pay? Plusgrade lets you do that! We are the pioneer and market leader in helping airlines maximize revenues by upgrading passengers via our bid-based upgrade platform. Our sophisticated targeting and merchandising platform gives airlines a high degree of control over who to invite into the program, and our upgrade optimization engine helps them determine the best set of upgrade offers to accept. Passengers love the experience, and airlines reap incremental revenues.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for a User Experience Designer to join our Product team in the Montreal office.
You will leverage your experience in and knowledge of user-centered design to create intuitive, meaningful, and delightful web and mobile experiences for both our customers, the leading airlines of the world, and their passengers.
We will look to you to collaborate with the business, product, and technology teams to understand the product’s or the enhancement’s objectives so that you can conceptualize, prototype, deliver, and optimize on product innovations.
You will convey your ideas through the use of storyboards, wireframes, mockups, interactive prototypes, sitemaps or other methods so that the technology team has the details they need to transform the user experience design into a fully functioning application.
We will keep you busy and engaged with a wide range of design challenges. Our consumer-facing applications continue to evolve, particularly as more and more consumers interact via mobile devices, and where responsive design might play an ever-increasing role. Furthermore, we have a backlog of new products to roll out, which we want our consumers to comprehend easily and to transact with quickly. And we are constantly updating our airline-facing self-service management console so that our partners can, given the myriad of settings we make available to them, intuitively and efficiently manage their program.
If you are someone passionate about writing his or her chapter of our success story, come join our team in Montreal as we continue to expand our global footprint in one of the most enticing industries around.
The primary responsibilities of the user experience designer are to:
- Work with product managers, developers, partner success managers and airline design/marketing personnel to take product ideas from conception and over into an articulated set of product and user objectives, and from there into a detailed set of interactive design artifacts
- Create and direct UX design deliverables including, but not limited to, user personas, user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes
- Work with product managers and technical leads to explore and determine how various technologies might be incorporated into our applications to offer more intuitive and engaging user experiences
- Plan and conduct user research and usability testing, whether as part of a rapid, iterative test plan or through the use of prototyping or other lean UX techniques so that we can quickly and efficiently validate and refine product ideas and designs
- Establish and maintain design standards used in our applications (e.g., visual design specs, information design, color systems, typographic rules, grid systems and other visual assets)
Provide other design guidance and assets where needed, e.g., in developing Plusgrade brand guidelines, PowerPoint templates, marketing collateral, trade-show materials, etc.
Skills / Experience:
- Formal training in design, e.g., BA/BS in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or in HCI.
- Minimum of three years in a user experience design role delivering creative, cross-platform UX solutions, with a portfolio to match, and with experience in mobile app design (whether as native mobile apps, mobile browser-based apps, or via responsive design)
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and online consumer behavior
- Exceptional design skills, production values, and attention to detail, with the ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
- Strong degree of proficiency with a range of design tools, e.g., Creative Suite, Sketch, or other design tools
- Familiarity with the Agile software development methodology
- Experience setting up, conducting, and analyzing user research, usability testing, or other optimization tests is a plus
Shoot us an email to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter telling us why this sounds like the perfect job for you. Please be sure to reference the position in your email and cover letter.